Multiple Option Buttons

  1. #1
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    Multiple Option Buttons

    I know that when I use Option Buttons that I can only
    choose 1 out of N options. That is if I have three option
    buttons, I can only choose 1 out of the three at any one
    time.

    Is it possible to have 1 set of option Buttons 1-2. And
    upon choosing 1 have another set of option buttons
    available to the user (i.e a second set only avialable if
    option button 1 is chosen). I could use a combo box to
    choose between 1 and 2 and then have the buttons Enalbed
    property = TRUE when the correct value is chosen. However
    I am wondering if I can also do this using a two tier
    option button set up?

    THnx

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Option Buttons

    You can put a frame (group) around the buttons to isolate groups, and make
    the frame and buttons visible or not. Is this a userform or worksheet forms
    optionbutton set?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jjhung
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Option Buttons

    How can I make the frame invisible? There is no format tab that allow me to
    get rid of the frame, even though I was able to delete all the text on the
    top of the box.

  4. #4
    In properties, change the "Special Effect" to 0-fmSpecialEffectFlat

  5. #5

    Re: Multiple Option Buttons

    You want to hide the groupboxes on a worksheet???

    Select your worksheet.
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
    hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)

    type this and hit enter:
    activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

    Then back to excel and check it out.

  6. #6
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Option Buttons

    Hi Dave,

    I think he wants to know if it's possible to hide the frame/border around
    the group box.

    I believe the answer is no, it's not possible.

    Doug

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7

    Re: Multiple Option Buttons

    The groupbox from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet???

    I think that you can hide it via code (or the immediate window).