EXCEL.EXE is not killed

  1. #1
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest

    EXCEL.EXE is not killed

    Hi,

    Within my code I create an instance of the Excel.Application object.
    That's the code.

    // Create instance of Excel application

    this.excelApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass();

    This code runs the EXCEL.EXE process (which open the MS Excel framework).

    When the framework gets closed (by Exit or by pressing the X button) the
    EXCEL.EXE process is not killed. That is, the MS Excel framework is closed
    but the process is still running.

    I observed that the EXCEL process gets closed only when the application
    which runs the code above is closed.

    If my application runs the code above many times I will get lots of
    EXCEL.EXE processes running EVEN IF ALL of the frameworks are closed.

    Do you have any idea how to get the EXCEL.EXE process killed when the
    framework is closed?

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: EXCEL.EXE is not killed

    Mircea,
    Is this the answer ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Lightbulb

    hi...

    this is one of more solution:

    your code.... objExcel.ActiveWorkbook ...

    Set objExcel = Nothing

  4. #4
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest