How do I capture the Modified date in a cell?

  1. #1
    rcg
    Guest

    How do I capture the Modified date in a cell?

    I have a macro that opens an Excel file (Quote Tool) and captures the data
    from a bunch of named cells and pastes the data in another Excel file (Quote
    Log). I cannot figure out how to capture the Modified date though. Here are
    some that I do capture successfully-
    temp_FILE_NAME = ActiveWorkbook.Name
    Range("FILE_NAME").Value = temp_FILE_NAME
    temp_FILE_CREATOR = ActiveWorkbook.Creator
    Range("FILE_CREATOR").Value = temp_FILE_CREATOR
    temp_FILE_PATH = ActiveWorkbook.Path
    Range("FILE_PATH").Value = temp_FILE_PATH
    temp_file_FULLNAME = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
    Range("FILE_FULLNAME").Value = temp_file_FULLNAME

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I capture the Modified date in a cell?

    You need a UDF to get it

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I capture the Modified date in a cell?

    You need a simple function

    Function DocProps(prop As String)
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentĀ*Properties(prop)
    Exit Function
    err_value:
    DocProps = "error"
    End Function