Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

    I am trying to create a custom function in Excel XP to automatically convert
    temperatures from Farenheit to Celsius and vice versa.

  2. #2
    Insert in a standard module....

    Function CtoF(Centigrade)
    CtoF = Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32
    End Function

    Function FtoC(Fahrenheit)
    FtoC = (Fahrenheit - 32) * 5 / 9
    End Function

    From the Excel formulas list, select User Defined.
    CtoF = Celsius to Fahrenheit
    FtoC = Fahrenheit to Celsius

    Enter the range of where the variable is located...or enter a figure.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    Ajtb
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

    Hi

    F = 1.8C + 32

    C = (F-32)/1.8

    This function,

    Function F1(C)
    F1 = 1.8C + 32
    End Function

    - will convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.

    Regards

    Andrew Bourke

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

    =CONVERT(A1,"C","F")

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

    Just to add (from help):
    If this function is not available, run the Setup program to install the
    Analysis ToolPak. After you install the Analysis ToolPak, you must enable it
    by using Add-Ins on the Tools menu.
    -------

    so convert is provided by the Addin Analysis Toolpak (shipped with Excel,
    but not necessarily installed or selected in tools=>Addins)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:uT$Nv%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert temperature from Farenheit to Celsius

    Take a look at the CONVERT function in help, there are many other
    conversions as well as C to F.

    RP