Complex programming task

  1. #1
    dvonj
    Guest

    Complex programming task

    We use a hard copy hundredths to minutes chart which shows the minutes
    equivalent of a decimal number example: if a number returned is 1.83 the
    minutes equivalent of .83 would be :50. I need to be able to do this in XL
    for all hundredths from .02 to 1.00. Then I need to be able to have this work
    so that when a cell returns a value when using this formula =(B1-A1)*24, if
    A1=5:20 and B1=9:25 then the value in cell C1 would be 4.08 using the
    hundredths to minutes chart .08=05 or 5 minutes so we now would have 4:05
    four hours five minutes. Is there a way to have the hundredths to minutes
    chart in an XL worksheet and then have another worksheet lookup the value
    equivalent of a cell that has the 0.00 format and return the h:mm format?
    I hope this is clear because I am confusing my own self.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Complex programming task

    If the result of your subtraction is in C1:

    =TIME(HOUR(C1),MINUTE(C1)/0.6,0)

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten