Userform - Printing

  1. #1
    Greg B
    Guest

    Userform - Printing

    Hi all I have a problem I am using the following code,

    Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
    frmOrders.PrintForm
    End Sub

    How is it possible to get the userform to be printed in landscape

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    Greg,

    You could throw up a print dialog and allow the user to select landscape
    (and even the printer if required), and then print after, something like

    Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
    Dim fOK As Boolean
    Dim sPrinter As String

    With Application
    sPrinter = .ActivePrinter
    fOK= .Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show
    End With

    If fOK= Then
    frmOrders.PrintForm
    Application.ActivePrinter = sPrinter

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg B
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    Thanks for your help but it is not working right.

    I have a userform called "totals" It shows all the information in a nice
    layout.

    The trouble is it continues to print in portrait even when the settings are
    set at landscape.

    Is it possible to print a userform in landscape? Is there a setting I am
    not using.

    Thanks again
    Greg

  4. #4

    Re: Userform - Printing

    See one more response to your other thread.

  5. #5
    Greg B
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    I have used the other response from Bob Phillips and it still prints
    portrait.

    I posted this twice because my isp must have been down.

    Sorry for the double post

    Greg

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    Greg,

    Here is a technique that does work (I tested it :-) which Tom Oguily posted
    some time back

    Private Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32" (ByVal bVk As Byte, _
    ByVal bScan As Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)

    Private Const VK_SNAPSHOT = 44
    Private Const VK_LMENU = 164
    Private Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP = 2
    Private Const KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY = 1

    Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
    ' keybd_event VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, 0, 0
    DoEvents
    keybd_event VK_LMENU, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY, 0
    keybd_event VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY, 0
    keybd_event VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY + _
    KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0
    keybd_event VK_LMENU, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY + _
    KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0
    DoEvents
    Workbooks.Add
    Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
    ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Bitmap", Link:=False,
    DisplayAsIcon:=False
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = xlLandscape
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1
    ActiveWorkbook.Close Savechanges:=False

  7. #7
    Greg B
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    Thanks again Bob

    Greg

  8. #8

    Re: Userform - Printing

    But I wasn't writing about Bob's response.

    (although his new response looks quite similar to the one I posted (Thanks to
    Tom!).)

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Userform - Printing

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > But I wasn't writing about Bob's response.
    >
    > (although his new response looks quite similar to the one I posted (Thanks

    > Tom!).)

    The same I would say (apart from where the API stuff is declared), and I did
    credit Tom, although I spelt his surname incorrectly (apologies Tom)/