Code to create a right click short cut menu

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Charles,

    Here is a simple example you can build upon. I tend to add in the
    Workbook_Open event and remove in the Workbook_BeforeClose.

    Public Sub addMenu()
    removeMenu 'just in case
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"*)
    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControl*Button)
    .BeginGroup = True
    .Caption = "Routine1"
    .OnAction = "Another"
    End With
    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControl*Button)
    .Caption = "Routine2"
    .OnAction = "YetMore"
    End With
    End With
    End Sub

    Public Sub removeMenu()
    On Error Resume Next
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"*)
    .Controls("Routine1").Delete
    .Controls("Routine2").Delete
    End With
    On Error GoTo 0

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    For some reason, copying and pasting from Google adds extraneous dashes/hypens
    to the code.

    This line:
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"Â*)
    should not have that trailing minus:
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
    (a couple of spots)

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Hi Dave

    Strange we don't see it in this thread in OE
    Only if I paste it in the VBA editor

    Good that you see it in Netscape

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Thanks, I will

    Bob

    "Ron de Bruin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Bob
    >
    > > That's the one Harlan was talking of the other day

    > Yes
    >
    > I believe that Dave see the hyphen in the thread.
    > But we don't see it in Outlook express
    >
    > > It is just one of the many annoying 'features' of the new Google.

    > Yes
    >
    > I send a bug report
    > Maybe you can do the same
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py
    >

    > --
    > Regards Ron de Bruin
    > http://www.rondebruin.nl
    >

    > "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Ron,
    > >
    > > Oh that old chestnut. That's the one Harlan was talking of the other day
    > > isn't it. I also get that if I paste a worksheet formula from Google,

    but
    > > they are not usually so obvious :-(
    > >
    > > It is just one of the many annoying 'features' of the new Google.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Bob
    > >
    > > "Ron de Bruin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> You see this when you paste it in the VBA Bob
    > >> With Application.CommandBars("Cell"-Â*)
    > >>
    > >> I send a bug report again to Google
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Regards Ron de Bruin
    > >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
    > >>

    > >> "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > news:[email protected]...

    hyphens

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips

  10. #10
    TK
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Hi Bob / Ron

    Coping this from this NG post

    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"ÂÂ*)
    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlÂÂ*Button)

    Became this in VBA
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"ÂÂ*-)
    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControl-ÂÂ*Button)

    Copying the VBA and pasting it back in this post the original is back.
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell"ÂÂ*)
    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlÂÂ*Button)

    However; the code works great and it completes a menu system
    that Ron helped me earlier with. I was just ready to post a question
    when I seen this post. I would hope Charles checked his post, it was
    just what he ask for.

    PS Bob
    > I tend to add in the Workbook_Open event and remove in Work_BeforeClose.

    I favor the activate/deactivate events over the open/beforeclose
    events do to the fact that if a user opens another workbook it restores
    there setup at that time

    Thanks
    TK

  11. #11
    Charles Jordan
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<#[email protected]>...
    > Thanks, I will
    >
    > Bob

    Bob - I think you have misunderstood me. Your right click menu works
    fine when you right click a cell, but we want it to work when you
    right click an *object*.

    Let us assume we want to move the object to the right in increments of
    0.75, as with John's Power Utility Pak. If you right click on it, the
    bottom most short cut menu option needs to be your Routine1, (or our
    "MoveIt"

    Any ideas ?

    Thanks

    Charles

  12. #12
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    "TK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > However; the code works great and it completes a menu system
    > that Ron helped me earlier with. I was just ready to post a question
    > when I seen this post. I would hope Charles checked his post, it was
    > just what he ask for.

    Two in a one. Even better :-)

    > PS Bob
    > > I tend to add in the Workbook_Open event and remove in

    Work_BeforeClose.

    > I favor the activate/deactivate events over the open/beforeclose
    > events do to the fact that if a user opens another workbook it restores
    > there setup at that time

    Do you mean that opening a new workbook will lose that menu? If so, it
    shouldn't do, only when the host workbook is closed. IF these things are one
    workbook specific, I add it to that workbook, if they are generic, I add it
    to Personal.xls (such as a menu that I add for my add-ins, and another for
    an easier worksheet hide/unhide).

  13. #13
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Hi Charles,

    The versatility of the object model :-)

    The code remains basically the same, just a different commandbar. In this
    case, I think it is the Shapes commandbar, not Cell.
    Just amend the code and try it.

  14. #14
    Charles Jordan
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<#[email protected]>...
    > Hi Charles,
    >
    > The versatility of the object model :-)
    >
    > The code remains basically the same, just a different commandbar. In this
    > case, I think it is the Shapes commandbar, not Cell.
    > Just amend the code and try it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > RP

    Bob -thanks very much . Will try it tonight ..............

    Regards

    Charles

  15. #15
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    Let us know how it goes.

  16. #16
    Charles Jordan
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<#[email protected]>...
    > Hi Charles,
    >
    > The versatility of the object model :-)
    >
    > The code remains basically the same, just a different commandbar. In this
    > case, I think it is the Shapes commandbar, not Cell.
    > Just amend the code and try it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > RP
    >

    > "Charles Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<#[email protected]>...
    > > > Thanks, I will
    > > >
    > > > Bob

    > > Bob - I think you have misunderstood me. Your right click menu works
    > > fine when you right click a cell, but we want it to work when you
    > > right click an *object*.
    > >
    > > Let us assume we want to move the object to the right in increments of
    > > 0.75, as with John's Power Utility Pak. If you right click on it, the
    > > bottom most short cut menu option needs to be your Routine1, (or our
    > > "MoveIt"
    > >
    > > Any ideas ?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Charles
    > >

    > > > "Ron de Bruin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > day

    > Google,
    > > > but

    > > > hyphens

    > the

    > message

    > worksheet
    > > > plus

    > had

    > > > selecting
    > > > reproduce

    > for

    > are

    > Programming
    > > > with

    > this

    Bob - as a folow-on to this, your right click code works fine! - but I
    really think somebody should persuade John Walkenbach to bring back
    "Object Properties" to his PUP, unless I'm missing something. John -
    where are you ? Charles

  17. #17
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Code to create a right click short cut menu

    If you want John then go to
    http://www.j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup6/techsupport.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin