VBE, change default path for file import

  1. #1
    Werner Rohrmoser
    Guest

    VBE, change default path for file import

    Hello,

    I'm searching for a possibility to change the default path for
    importing files into the vbe project explorer.
    I guess I have to change something in the registry, but I can't find it.

    Any idea would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Best Regards
    Werner

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Werner,

    It seems odd you want to change the "default file path" since the path is specified in the VBA import routine. Here is copy of the Help File for Import. Unless you have a very different system from mine, this should apply to your system as well.

    Adds a component to a project from a file; returns the newly added component.

    Syntax

    object.Import(filename) As VBComponent

    The Import syntax has these parts:

    Part Description
    object Required. An object expression that evaluates to an object in the Applies To list.
    filename Required. A String specifying path and file name of the component that you want to import the component from.
    Remarks

    You can use the Import method to add a component, form, module, class, and so on, to your project.

    Hope this helps,
    Leith Ross

  3. #3
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: VBE, change default path for file import

    Werner

    Pure guess, here, but I'll bet it uses

    HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    Paths\EXCEL.EXE

    Probably not something you want to change. Again, this is just from
    searching the registry and not finding a better answer. Hopefully there
    really is one.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Werner Rohrmoser
    Guest

    Re: VBE, change default path for file import

    ****,

    thanks, but it doesn't work.

    Werner