reset Workbook_SheetChange event?

  1. #1
    Lore Leuneog
    Guest

    reset Workbook_SheetChange event?

    Hello

    I'm doing some cell validation on Sheet level within the
    Workbook_SheetChange event. Unfortunately the Workbook_SheetChange event
    doesn't provide a cancel-argument. When I refocus a wrong entry the user can
    leave the cell without triggering the event again (because the cell value is
    already changed).
    Is there something like an cancel-argument for the sheetchange?

    Thank you
    Lore

    (P.S.: I don't want to delete the wrong entry. I only want the
    Workbook_SheetChange event to be triggered until the entry is corrected.)

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: reset Workbook_SheetChange event?

    For Excel events
    Usually Events that begin with Before contain cancel options. These happen
    before the action is carried out. Such is not the case with the Change
    event.

    If you refocus the user to a cell, then, as the last command in that portion
    use sendkeys to send an F2 and put them into edit mode. Then if they exit
    the cell, the change event will fire again.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...