Non -Modal form disappears

  1. #1
    Chris W
    Guest

    Non -Modal form disappears

    I created a Non-modal form but when i run code in its
    initialize event it disappears. dose anyone know why im
    getting this behavior or how to prevent it. Im using
    MSoffice 2000 on win98

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Non -Modal form disappears

    Have you fully tested the code you are using in the event procedure? Does
    the code set any of the form's properties? Most likely cause is something in
    that procedure...

  3. #3
    Shawn O'Donnell

    "Chris W" wrote:
    > I created a Non-modal form but when i run code in its
    > initialize event it disappears.

    How do you mean the form disappears? The Initialize event runs before the
    form is displayed. Tell us how you're invoking the Initiailize event. Note
    that you can cause the Initialize event to execute without the form ever
    becoming visible. That will happen if you call Load on the form but never
    call Show.

    Do you have code in the Activate event? That fires after the form is
    visible. Do you ever call Hide on the form?

    One possibility is that the form is there, but it's where it can't be seen.
    After you do whatever is supposed to show the form, go to the VBE Immediate
    window. Put the following on a blank line and hit return.

    ?UserFormName.Visible

    If you get true, then check the form's .Left and .Top properties. If you
    get false, you're probably not making it through the Load/Initialize/Activate
    process.