protected spell check for Excel 97

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Jessica
    Guest

    protected spell check for Excel 97

    So this code works for Excel 2003:
    Sub Spell_Check()
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
    Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
    End Sub

    However when I was trying to get it to work for someone, they were using an
    older version of Excel (I believe it was 97), so how can I get the code to
    work to get the spell check to work under protection? I kept getting error
    messages such as:

    "Can't execute code in break mode"

    and

    "Compile error: named argument not found" and then it highlights this part
    of the code: SpellLang:=1033

  2. #2

    Re: protected spell check for Excel 97

    See one response at your post in .misc