unable to set hidden property

  1. #1
    davegb
    Guest

    unable to set hidden property

    I copied this code straight from this NG, but it doesn't run for me.

    Sub HideCol()
    Range("H:H").Hidden = True

    End Sub

    I get an error, "Unable to set the hidden property of the range class".

    Is is someting to do with the version of XL? I'm using XL2000.

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: unable to set hidden property

    "davegb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I copied this code straight from this NG, but it doesn't run for me.
    >
    > Sub HideCol()
    > Range("H:H").Hidden = True
    >
    > End Sub
    >
    > I get an error, "Unable to set the hidden property of the range class".
    >
    > Is is someting to do with the version of XL? I'm using XL2000.

    Wild guess. The worksheet or workbook is protected.

    /Fredrik

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest