UserForm determine WinXP windows style

  1. #1
    Reinhard Thomann
    Guest

    UserForm determine WinXP windows style

    my application resizes the height of aUserForm.
    I have problems with Windows XP, because the height of the title bar
    (caption) differs if XP or Classic-style is selected in display settings.

    I need a function to determine the real height of a UserForm or windows
    style (XP or classic) to react with suitable UserForm height values.

    TIA
    Reinhard Thomann

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: UserForm determine WinXP windows style

    Good question, Reinhard: wish I had the answer, but I think it will be
    something you need to get through the Windows API library. Have not found
    the proper call yet, but I will at least give you a link where you can go do
    some research:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...y_category.asp
    This shows how to access and set various Windows settings through your code.
    Perhaps someone else out there already knows the proper call to find if
    WIndows is using the XP or "regular" window style.

  3. #3
    TroyW
    Guest

    Re: UserForm determine WinXP windows style

    Reinhard,

    See if this MSKB article helps.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210603

    Troy

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Reinhard Thomann
    Guest

    Re: UserForm determine WinXP windows style

    Many thanks, i got the answer:-)
    Reinhard

    Private Declare Function GetSystemMetrics Lib "user32" (ByVal nIndex As
    Long) As Long
    Private Const mlSM_CYSIZE = 31

    Function bIsXPStyle() As Boolean
    On Error Resume Next
    bIsXPStyle = (CLng(GetSystemMetrics(mlSM_CYSIZE)) >= 25)
    End Function

    news:[email protected]...