counting colored cells when merged

  1. #1
    DrKilbert
    Guest

    counting colored cells when merged

    This worksheet counts elements based on the cell color. Thanks to Pearson
    Software Consulting / xlDynamic I've cleared the first hurdles. Was able to
    get the rest of the process to work fine EXCEPT I'm using merged cells for
    graghical representation purposes. I'm failing to develop a practical
    strategy to compensate for these varying multi-cell elements. For clarity I
    have a situation as this. One {part of a} unit consists of eight elements.
    Element 1 consists of merged cells A1:B1; Element 2 - A2:B2; Element 3 -
    C1:E2, Elements 4 through 8 - A3 to E3 respectively. Guess I'm ultimately
    asking, is there a way to code (count) the merged cells as a single unit as
    opposed to counting the individual cells that comprise them? I have one
    strategy, but it is very cumbersome / inflexible and the project requires a
    little more flexibility to be practical.

    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

    T-I-A...

  2. #2
    papou
    Guest

    Re: counting colored cells when merged

    Hi
    Maybe some kind of test like:
    If Selection.MergeCells Then Nb = 1
    would suit your needs?
    HTH
    Cordially
    Pascal

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DrKilbert
    Guest

    Re: counting colored cells when merged

    Appreciate the tip; Been away from this stuff too long, but you've
    stimulated what I know I need to do. Have used flags all my life... Still
    know it's going to require some detailing... Anyway, thanks.