Code to fix: 'can't find project or library'

  1. #1
    EWR
    Guest

    Code to fix: 'can't find project or library'

    I have a problem where the end-users of my spreadsheet are receiving this
    error when executing a Worksheet_Change procedure [Format(...)]. From what I
    read, the users need to clear any 'Missing' References.
    My question is, can code be put into (where?) a spreadsheet to automatically
    clear the Missing References or at least sidestep the problem? Anyone have
    code out there?

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Code to fix: 'can't find project or library'

    But sometimes the reference is critical to the operation of the macro. This
    must be corrected. For example, I recently dealt with a bizarre situation
    where the machine was running Excel 2000 (Office 9), but in the Add-Ins list,
    the reference to the ATP pointed to a file in the directory for Office 2003
    (Office 11). This directory didn't exist. We had to do a Detect and Repair on
    the Excel installation.

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Code to fix: 'can't find project or library'

    PS: You might want to investigate whether a commercially available Installer
    program like Install Shield, etc, can handle this.