i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

  1. #1
    toiletman
    Guest

    i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

  2. #2
    Registered User Ivan F Moala's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand
    have a look @ Application.InputBox in your VBA Help.

    If this is not what you were looking for then explain more......
    Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails
    \1

  3. #3
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

    Sub WaitForInput()
    Dim S As String
    If MsgBox("Are you a user ?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion) = _
    vbNo Then Exit Sub
    S = InputBox("Dear mr User, please give me some input:", _
    "Waiting for user input")
    MsgBox "I really appreciate your input, mr User.", _
    vbExclamation
    End Sub

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

  4. #4
    toiletman
    Guest

    Re: i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

    This is a begining, what I really would like to do is start the macro, wait
    for input, put that input into the active cell, move to the right, wait for
    input, put that input into the active cell, then move down and to the left
    one cell and then loop. This way I could enter information into two colums
    moving down the colums.

    Thank you
    toiletman

  5. #5
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

    Why would you want to do this, why can't the user enter directly into the
    cells ? Why do you want to fill the cells one by one instead of having
    multiple inputs on a single form ? How do you cancel this ? How do you
    proceed after a cancelled operation ? Why and how do you depend on
    what/where the Active cell is ?

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "toiletman" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    toiletman
    Guest

    Re: i want a macro in execl to wait for an input from the user.

    I have a lookup table of items with 1,000 rows containing part number,
    description, and cost. I then want to make an order where I have to meet a
    minimum. I enter the quantity and part number in two seperate columns and
    have formulas in adjoining columns that return the cost and extend it . I
    usually am entering 20 to 30 items. It is easier to just enter the quantity
    and part number and hit the "enter" key and work on down the column. I could
    do this in the old Lotus 123.
    I know I can do this in Excel by highlighting a range, telling the "edit"
    function to move down or to the right. The problem with this is when I make a
    mistake in entering I have to go back and highlight my range again. I just
    thought a macro would be easierl