SaveAs using cell value

  1. #1
    JCanyoneer
    Guest

    SaveAs using cell value

    I have a workbook that has a cell which holds a 6 digit number. The first 2
    digits of this number designate what folder it needs to be saved in. (eg
    12456 should be saved in the "12 series" folder, 08569 should be saved in the
    "08 series" folder) I want to create a macro that will save the file in the
    correct folder (J:\My Documents\12 series\) with file name 12456 Pickup.xls.
    I can't seem to get the syntax right. I don't want it to verify anything,
    just save the workbook. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SaveAs using cell value

    Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "J:\My Documents\" & _
    Left(Range("A1").Value,2) & " Series\" & _
    Range("A1").Value & " Pickup.xls"

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3