Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 store mo

  1. #1
    JTack
    Guest

    Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 store mo

    I have a 1 store 36 month model. Now I want to be able to create a 36 month
    muti-unit budget where I plug in X number of store openings per month and
    scenario play to determine cashflow so I can see how many I can open in
    certain months. For Example: Month 1 would equal the 1 store model if I
    opened 1 store and if I opened 2 stores it would equal times 2. However, in
    month 2, stores opened in month 1 would be in there second month and then 4
    openings in the current month. Then the third month I would open 3 stores, 4
    would be in the second month and 2 in the third month of operations. I have
    created a model but my formula is too long and will not let me proceed.
    There must be a way to use macros or functions to easily do this. Your help
    is greatly appreciated and if you need more details I will gladly provide for
    that.

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 store mo

    You say you have created a formula, but it is too long? Are you using an IF,
    THEN, ELSE formula?

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 store mo

    Hi,
    Is this what you mean?

    1 Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 Month 5
    Month 6
    2 Opened This Month 1 2 2 1 2 3
    3 Cumulative Opened 1 3 5 6 8 11

    If Month1 is in columm B then Cumulative Opened is "= Sum($B:$2:B2)". Drag
    this across row 3 to get the monthly cumulatives.

    HTH

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 stor

    Mistyped the formula - should be "= SUM($B$2:B2)"