Locked Sheet - Error msg to display to Users

  1. #1
    Darin Kramer
    Guest

    Locked Sheet - Error msg to display to Users

    Howdie,

    Is there a way to change the standard display message when a user
    selects a protected cell. ( I dont want the user to be able to see how
    easy it is to unprotect sheet (For other reasons I am not implementing a
    password to protect sheet) ?

    Would just like to say "Sheet is protected. Contact X for assistance"

    Thanks guys

    Regards

    Darin

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Locked Sheet - Error msg to display to Users

    Change the enableSelection property of the worksheet to xlNoSelection

    Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    me.EnableSelection = xlNoSelection
    End Sub

    You may need to do it in the Workbook_Open event as well

    Chip Pearson's page on Events

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Locked Sheet - Error msg to display to Users

    If you have some cells that are unlocked, instead of using xlNoSelection,
    use

    me.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

    In the Thisworkbook module, you would have to use

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells