Paste Small Range into Big Range

  1. #1
    tim
    Guest

    Paste Small Range into Big Range

    Howdy,

    I have tow ranges, smallRange and bigRange. Both are dynamically named, 1
    column wide and smallRange is always <= bigRange. I want to copy the
    smallRange and paste it into bigRange, but when I do, the smallRange values
    repeat until the bigRange is full.

    For example if smallRange is numbered 1-10 and bigRange was 100 rows high,
    the result of:
    smallRange.copy Destination:=bigRange
    gives 1-10, 10 times. IOW, the bigRange is filled with several iterations
    of smallRange.

    Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

    Regards,
    Tim

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Paste Small Range into Big Range

    Maybe you want this:

    Range("smallRange").Copy Range("bigRange").Cells(1)

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tim
    Guest

    Re: Paste Small Range into Big Range

    RB,

    Thanks for the tip, appears to do the trick.

    Must have been too late, or early, depneding on your perspective...

    Regards,
    Tim