Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

  1. #1
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    I keep getting Procedure too large" error on one of my macros !!
    I really don't won't to cut it in two because the function has to run from
    one button click !

    shamran

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    "-[::::Shamran::::]-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I keep getting Procedure too large" error on one of my macros !!
    > I really don't won't to cut it in two because the function has to run from
    > one button click !
    >
    > shamran

    The error message is pretty self explanatory. Do you do basically the same
    over and over? Please explain what your macro does and paste some relevant
    portion of it. It doesn't matter if you split it. Let thefirst part call the
    other.

    7fredrik

  3. #3
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    Hi Shamran

    You can run multiple macros by calling them from another macro. Try running
    Main here -or to assign it to a button:

    Sub Main()
    Macro1
    Macro2
    Macro3
    End Sub

    Sub Macro1()
    MsgBox "I'm too **** for my shirt"
    End Sub

    Sub Macro2()
    MsgBox "I'm too **** for my hat"
    End Sub

    Sub Macro3()
    MsgBox "I'm too **** for this song"
    End Sub

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "-[::::Shamran::::]-" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Re: Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    "Harald Staff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Shamran
    >
    > You can run multiple macros by calling them from another macro. Try
    > running
    > Main here -or to assign it to a button:
    >
    > Sub Main()
    > Macro1
    > Macro2
    > Macro3
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro1()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for my shirt"
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro2()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for my hat"
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro3()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for this song"
    > End Sub
    >
    > HTH. Best wishes Harald

    NICE ... I'll give it a try later !

    Jesper

  5. #5
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Re: Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    "Harald Staff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Shamran
    >
    > You can run multiple macros by calling them from another macro. Try
    > running
    > Main here -or to assign it to a button:
    >
    > Sub Main()
    > Macro1
    > Macro2
    > Macro3
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro1()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for my shirt"
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro2()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for my hat"
    > End Sub
    >
    > Sub Macro3()
    > MsgBox "I'm too **** for this song"
    > End Sub
    >
    > HTH. Best wishes Harald

    I have just tried it and it works ... talk about saving my day ... thanks !!

    jesper

  6. #6
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Procedure too large" error ...DAMN

    Glad to hear that Jesper.
    Providing a little cold water for tomorrow morning:
    No routine should ever have to be as long as too large, tasks should be
    crunched down to small single minded units. But that's next semester, now
    celebrate.

    Best wishes Harald

    "-[::::Shamran::::]-" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

    > I have just tried it and it works ... talk about saving my day ... thanks

    !!