I need to find the first empty row in a sheet to paste data to

  1. #1
    rgbivens
    Guest

    I need to find the first empty row in a sheet to paste data to

    I have a form on sheet 1 (New User) that when you press the 'Add' button it
    needs to find the first empty row in sheet 2 (Data) and paste the data from
    the form there. I have gotten it to where the data gets copied, but only on a
    row that I select when I'm recording a macro. Here is what my code looks like:

    Sub NewEntry()
    '
    ' NewEntry Macro
    ' Macro recorded 4/6/2005 by Grant Bivens.
    '
    ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+a
    '
    Sheets("Data").Select
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect
    Sheets("New").Select
    Range("A4:G4").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Data").Select
    Range("A4").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("A4,C4,E4,G4").Select
    Range("G4").Activate
    With Selection.Interior
    .ColorIndex = 15
    .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    Range("B3").Select
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("B3:B4"), Type:=xlFillDefault
    Range("B3:B4").Select
    ActiveSheet.Protect
    As you can see the data is just copied to row 4, over writing it each time.
    Also, I need it to color every other cell for easy of viewing.

    If anybody would help me with this project I would be willing to slip some
    funds across the table if you know what I mean. This is really important for
    me to get done. Its for a list of under 13 users at a forum I moderate. Its a
    large list and our current system is virtually impossible to wade through.

    You can reach me many different ways:

    MSN- [email protected]
    AIM - rgbivens
    Yahoo - kjkangb
    Email - [email protected]

    Thanks,
    -Grant

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    This may work for you:

    Hope this helps.
    theDude

  3. #3
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: I need to find the first empty row in a sheet to paste data to

    Hi Grant,

    Seeing as A4 is the first cell in your table, you could just use:

    Range.("A4").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select

    This will select cell A4, go to the last non-blank cell in the list, and
    then go down 1 cell further.

    Hope this was what you were looking for.

    Warm regards

    Sunil Jayakumar

    news:[email protected]...

    www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: I need to find the first empty row in a sheet to paste data to

    sheets("Data").range("A65535").end(xlUp).offset(1,0).select

    This gets you the first empty row based on column A...

    HTH