Multiple queries

  1. #1
    Simon Shaw
    Guest

    Multiple queries

    Hi,

    i have workbooks with multiple database queries on various sheets within the
    workbook. If I set it to not store the password with the query I am prompted
    for a username and password. The problem is, if I run the code
    ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll i have to enter my user name and password for each
    query the first time it runs. I have setup a userform to capture the username
    and password, but now I want to pass this into each query prior to the
    refresh.

    when I record a macro for creating the initial query it captures all the
    code necessary, but when I perform a refresh where I have to enter a username
    password, it does not show this code for the username/password being
    recorded...

    I have tried code like:

    ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll (Connection:= _
    "ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; _
    UID=' & myUsername & ";PWD=' & myPassword & ";SERVER=mv;")
    and
    ActiveSheet.QueryTables (Connection:= _
    "ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; _
    UID=" & myUsername & ";PWD=" & myPassword & ";SERVER=mv;")

    but I keep getting an error message indicating I need an = sign...

    thoughts?

    Simon

  2. #2
    arunkhemlai
    Guest

    RE: Multiple queries

    Not sure, but try putting a double-quote ", so:

    "ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; _
    becomes