Keeping original data format into a Pivot Table

  1. #1

    Keeping original data format into a Pivot Table

    Hi there,

    Several users are inputing their own data with specific formats such as
    Bold, Italic, Color, Underline, etc...
    When the pivot table is run all of these attributes are lost.
    Is there a way the pivot table could keep (or even recup with a VBA
    routine) all of these original attributes ?

    Thanks a lot !!!

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Keeping original data format into a Pivot Table

    Not really, Pivot tables are built from the underlying data and all
    formatting is lost. You might check out the Format>Autoformat menu options,
    but I doubt this will do what you want

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Keeping original data format into a Pivot Table

    Hello Nick,

    Thanks for your input. Does it mean that you have already faced this
    issue, and that you know there is no way out ?