Email from macro problem

  1. #1
    Peter
    Guest

    Email from macro problem

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet that is emailed to 8 people every week by means
    of a section of a macro. Each of the lines in the macro responsible
    for emailing the spreadsheet are in the form

    ..SendMail "[email protected]", Format(Range("c2"), "dd-mmm-yy"), True

    I am using Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 and unfortunatley, as a
    protection device, Outlook prompts me 8 times, asking if I am aware a
    programme is trying to send a mail on my behalf and do I wish to
    contine?

    Can anyone please advise if I can somehow disablr this function in
    this particular instance?

    Alternatively, within outlook it is possible to allocate a number of
    email addresses to a group address, such as "Friends" or even
    "Enemies"

    Does anyone know how I can get such a group address to work within the
    macro so at least i am only prompted once!

    Any help/suggestions/advise will be much appreciated

    --
    Cheers

    Peter

  2. #2
    Macgru
    Guest

    Re: Email from macro problem

    Uzytkownik "Peter" <[email protected]> napisal w wiadomosci
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a spreadsheet that is emailed to 8 people every week by means
    > of a section of a macro. Each of the lines in the macro responsible
    > for emailing the spreadsheet are in the form
    >
    > .SendMail "[email protected]", Format(Range("c2"), "dd-mmm-yy"), True
    >
    > I am using Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 and unfortunatley, as a
    > protection device, Outlook prompts me 8 times, asking if I am aware a
    > programme is trying to send a mail on my behalf and do I wish to
    > contine?
    >
    > Can anyone please advise if I can somehow disablr this function in
    > this particular instance?
    >
    > Alternatively, within outlook it is possible to allocate a number of
    > email addresses to a group address, such as "Friends" or even
    > "Enemies"
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get such a group address to work within the
    > macro so at least i am only prompted once!
    >
    > Any help/suggestions/advise will be much appreciated
    >

    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter

    visit
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm
    mcg

  3. #3
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Email from macro problem

    "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a spreadsheet that is emailed to 8 people every week by means
    > of a section of a macro. Each of the lines in the macro responsible
    > for emailing the spreadsheet are in the form
    >
    > .SendMail "[email protected]", Format(Range("c2"), "dd-mmm-yy"), True
    >
    > I am using Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 and unfortunatley, as a
    > protection device, Outlook prompts me 8 times, asking if I am aware a
    > programme is trying to send a mail on my behalf and do I wish to
    > contine?
    >
    > Can anyone please advise if I can somehow disablr this function in
    > this particular instance?
    >
    > Alternatively, within outlook it is possible to allocate a number of
    > email addresses to a group address, such as "Friends" or even
    > "Enemies"
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get such a group address to work within the
    > macro so at least i am only prompted once!
    >
    > Any help/suggestions/advise will be much appreciated
    >

    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter

    One solution
    In Outlook Express, and prabaly in Outlook", select Tools|Options. Selct the
    security tab. Uncheck "Warn me when other applications try to send mail as
    me". Not very safe

    You can also select Tools|Address Book... A new window will appear and you
    can create an ew group from the File menu. you should be able to use the
    name you give to this group. This should give you one warning, I think.

    /Fredrik

  4. #4
    Peter
    Guest

    Re: Email from macro problem

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:17:09 +0200, "Macgru" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Uzytkownik "Peter" <[email protected]> napisal w wiadomosci
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a spreadsheet that is emailed to 8 people every week by means
    >> of a section of a macro. Each of the lines in the macro responsible
    >> for emailing the spreadsheet are in the form
    >>
    >> .SendMail "[email protected]", Format(Range("c2"), "dd-mmm-yy"), True
    >>
    >> I am using Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 and unfortunatley, as a
    >> protection device, Outlook prompts me 8 times, asking if I am aware a
    >> programme is trying to send a mail on my behalf and do I wish to
    >> contine?
    >>
    >> Can anyone please advise if I can somehow disablr this function in
    >> this particular instance?
    >>
    >> Alternatively, within outlook it is possible to allocate a number of
    >> email addresses to a group address, such as "Friends" or even
    >> "Enemies"
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how I can get such a group address to work within the
    >> macro so at least i am only prompted once!
    >>
    >> Any help/suggestions/advise will be much appreciated
    >>

    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Peter

    >visit
    >http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm
    >mcg

    Hi,

    Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the spreadsheet in
    question is on my office PC and we are not permitted (or able) to load
    3rd party software :-(
    --
    Cheers

    Peter