how to call a form

  1. #1
    filo666
    Guest

    how to call a form

    I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
    I need to run it in the following cases

    1)when a new workbook is called

    2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

    3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

    4)when a workbook is open

    TIA

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    Hi

    for
    2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet
    - create a macro e.g.
    sub runform()
    userform1.show
    end sub
    and assign the macro to the button

    3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)
    - put code against the worksheet_change() of the sheet e.g.
    if target.address = "$A$1" or target.address = "$B$1" then
    if Range("A1").Value = Range("B1").value then
    userform1.show
    end if
    end if
    End Sub

    4)when a workbook is open
    - put code against the workbook_open() procedure e.g.
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    userform1.show
    End Sub

    if you need further information on implementing any of these please post
    back.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    filo666
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    you forgot the must difficult one, when a new workbook is called ( I mean
    when you want to start a new workbook I want to call my form) I thougt about
    auto_open, but it works just with workbooks created before no with new
    workbooks
    I want that when the new workbook button is pushed (or the new option in the
    file menu) my form appears.

    tanks.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    i didn't forget it ... i was leaving it for someone else, but you're welcome
    anyway

  5. #5
    Charlie
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    LOL, you left the impossible for the rest of us! When you start a new
    workbook you get... a NEW workbook. Empty. Unless I'm mistaken I didn't
    think you could start a new workbook and have it automatically pick up forms,
    modules, etc. from another workbook. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the OP
    meant.

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    Look at Chip Pearson's site on Application Level events

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/appevent.htm

    The application level event has an event that fires when a workbook is
    created.

    Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)

    the xlApp portion would depend on what object was used to instantiate
    application level events.

    Tom Ogilvy

  7. #7
    Charlie
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    See, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

  8. #8
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    got to make these MVPs work

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    filo666
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    Let me see if I understand; could run a form in a new object just if
    previusly I have a workbook with the "Private Sub App_NewWorkbook" event??

    this is it???
    there in no way of run my form when a user double click the excel's icon???

  10. #10
    Charlie
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    After reviewing the info at that site it appears that the answer is still
    "no, you cannot simply double-click the Excel icon and have a form start up."

    Users would have to double-click a workbook that you have previously set up
    for them. You could have it ask them to save it under another name on exit.

  11. #11
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: how to call a form

    It probably is -depending on which Excel icon of course. But this grows into
    a "what's theoretically possible" thing and those can get pretty extensive.
    Please tell us what this is for and why for a more practical approach.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "filo666" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...