Automate Access from Excel

  1. #1
    Ernst Guckel
    Guest

    Automate Access from Excel

    Hello,

    At work we use excel spreadsheets for the user interface but would like to
    use access to store the data. The User machines do not have access
    installed. I am looking for reading material on how to automate Access FROM
    excel. I can find loads of material to automate excel from access... but
    nothing the other way around... Help would be great...

    Thanks in advance,
    Ernst.

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Automate Access from Excel

    Ernst

    You don't ever really automate Access, rather you automate DAO or ADO. You
    can use either of those protocols to get at data that was created in Access
    (or any other database). If you search for Excel ADO or Excel DAO you'll
    probably find more of what you're looking for. In the mean time, you might
    get something from these links

    http://www.*****-clicks.com/excel/ExternalData.htm
    http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q...p-f=ISO-8859-1
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html