Prevent a file being deleted

  1. #1
    Rod Jones
    Guest

    Prevent a file being deleted

    Not sure if this is a excel issue, how can I prevent a file (Excel workbook)
    from being deleted from a network drive. What i've done so far is to get is a
    make a copy of it's self in a hidden folder, but it's only a matter of time
    before someone works it out. Any ideas anyone.
    Thank you for your time

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Prevent a file being deleted

    Can't you use the file security to allow delete access to only nominated
    groups/individuals? That can allow update to everyone. See you desktop
    support for help.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Prevent a file being deleted

    This would be a matter of permissions on the network folder. Not something
    controlled from excel.

    Tom Ogilvy