Problem with number lock

  1. #1
    Black1
    Guest

    Problem with number lock

    This is frustrating me beyond words....

    I'm building an excel based tool around a number of userforms and the
    problem is this:

    The user enters is password into a textbox, hits enter... and then the
    numberlock switches itself off... I don't get it, why is it doing this?

    It's annoying because you have to keep reselecting number lock and this
    makes the whole thing look very amateur... is there some code I can use to
    turn it back on, or am I doing something stupid that's making it do it in the
    first place?

    I'm using excel 97,

    Thanks, in anticpation...

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Problem with number lock

    Not tried in Excel 97

    Declare Sub SetKeyboardState Lib "USER32" (lpKeystate As Any)
    Declare Sub GetKeyboardState Lib "USER32" (lpKeystate As Any)

    Function TurnNumLockOn()
    Dim lpbKeyState(128) As Long
    GetKeyboardState lpbKeyState(0)
    lpbKeyState(72) = 1
    SetKeyboardState lpbKeyState(0)
    End Function

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Black1
    Guest

    Re: Problem with number lock

    Bob....

    Thanks for your (very) quick response.

    Unfortunately..... I can't get it to work, I get run time error 453 "Can't
    find DLL entry point in USER32"

  4. #4
    Black1
    Guest

    Re: Problem with number lock

    Okay, I've isolated the problem to the line

    SendKeys ("{tab}")

    Guess I'll take it out and find a work around.

    Thanks anyway!

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Problem with number lock

    You are using Sendkeys? That might be your original problem. There is an MS
    article on that at

    BUG: Multiple SendKeys Statement Turns Off NumLock Key

  6. #6
    Black1
    Guest

    Re: Problem with number lock