Workbook_SheetChange

  1. #1
    Matt B
    Guest

    Workbook_SheetChange

    I'm using the Workbook_SheetChange event to run some code when the selection
    in a drop down list (created using data validation) changes. This works fine
    in 2003, but it doesn't work at all in 97. Is this right? Do I have to
    change the way my code is called or am I just doing something wrong?

    Any suggestions gratefully received as my current solution now seems to be a
    dead duck.

    Thanks. Matt B

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Workbook_SheetChange

    Data validation using the list option did not trigger the change event in
    Excel 97 when a selection was made from the list if the list was filled from
    a worksheet range (as opposed to typed in directly).

    This was a bug fixed in later versions of Excel. (so if you need this
    functionality in xl97, you will have to use a workaround. Popular
    suggestions are to have a formula dependent on the selection and use the
    calculate event - although this is less specific in determining when to run.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Workbook_SheetChange

    Matt,

    This is correct, a 'feature' of XL97.

    I get around it by linking a cell to my target cell, which will trigger the
    Worksheet_Calculate event. From here, you can test if the activecell is your
    target cell.

    RP

  4. #4

    Re: Workbook_SheetChange

    Or just use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar.