Excel VBA to send email using Lotus Notes

  1. #1
    Nirmal Singh
    Guest

    Excel VBA to send email using Lotus Notes

    I am using the following code

    Set Session = CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession")
    Session.Initialize (PWD)
    et Directory = Session.GetDbDirectory(Session.ServerName)
    Set MailDatabase = Directory.OpenMailDatabase()
    Set Document1 = MailDatabase.CreateDocument()

    It works on all my users machines, apart from 1. He is getting the following error message on the
    second line above

    Could not open the ID file.

    We are using Lotus Notes with the userid files on a server.

    Any ideas, anyone?

    Nirmal

  2. #2
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA to send email using Lotus Notes

    If the code is working on all machines except one, then I would suggest that
    it is the machine and Notes you need to look at and not this code.

    Does the user, on this machine, have a Notes account?

    What happens if a user, who can use this code, tries it on your rogue PC?

    What do your Lotus Notes support people suggest?

    --
    Regards
    -

    "Nirmal Singh" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nirmal Singh

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:25:37 +0100, "Andy Wiggins" <newsgroups at bygsoftware d o t c o m> wrote:

    >If the code is working on all machines except one, then I would suggest that
    >it is the machine and Notes you need to look at and not this code.
    >
    >Does the user, on this machine, have a Notes account?
    >
    >What happens if a user, who can use this code, tries it on your rogue PC?
    >
    >What do your Lotus Notes support people suggest?

    Thanks for the input.

    Each user can only use this code on their own machine, they can only access Notes from their own PC.

    Our Notes team do not particularly encourage us to use macros so they will not assist us with any
    coding problems.

    Nirmal

  4. #4
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA to send email using Lotus Notes

    Your Notes team should be able to tell you what the difference is between
    setups on these machines.

    --
    Regards
    -