Status Bar Display Problem

  1. #1
    Shirlo
    Guest

    Status Bar Display Problem

    All of our Excel macros display information in the status bar at the bottom
    of the Excel window as the macro is running. An example would be when a text
    file is being read the status bar is updated with the record number and other
    information as the macro is processing. We have no problem with this in
    Windows 2000. However, in Windows XP the status stops displaying new
    information after a few seconds and does not display the correct information
    again until the macro is completed or paused. It causes the user to think
    the macro is locked up. This status display is important for the user to
    know that the macro is still running and the status of the process. Is there
    a setting that can be changed to make the status bar display continuously as
    in Windows 2000.

  2. #2
    Rocky McKinley
    Guest