How to refresh a Excel workbook with pivot & ADO query report in batch mode

  1. #1
    Karen Middleton
    Guest

    How to refresh a Excel workbook with pivot & ADO query report in batch mode

    I have a Excel report which as a report populated from a ADO VBA code
    in a VBA subroutine which is driven from a button on the Excel
    workbook which the user presses to refresh.

    Also, I have some pivot reports on this workbook which is refreshed
    from a VBA subroutine called from a Excel button.

    Our users want this report to be refreshed in batch meaning they want
    the report to be refreshed overnight and saved on the network share
    that they can lookup the next morning without refreshing.

    I am wondering if the workbook is called TestReport.xls and it as a
    subroutine called RefreshAllReports please advise how to call this
    Subroutine - RefreshAllReports in the Excel workbook - TestReport.XLS
    from a VBScript from the operating system.

    Please advise how I can implement this kind of scenario appreciate if
    you can share the code to call a subroutine in a Excel workbook from a
    VBScript.

    Thanks
    Karen

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to refresh a Excel workbook with pivot & ADO query report in batch mode

    objExcel.Run "TestReport.XLS!RefreshAllReports"

    General information on automating Excel is in these articles:

    http://support.microsoft.com/support...aqVBOffice.asp
    Frequently Asked Questions about Microsoft Office Automation Using Visual
    Basic

    http://support.microsoft.com/support...fdevinapps.asp
    Programming Office from Within Office

    http://support.microsoft.com/support...dev/iisfaq.asp
    Integrating Office with IIS FAQ

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=219151
    Q219151 - HOWTO: Automate Excel 97 and Excel 2000 from Visual Basic

    http://support.microsoft.com/support...automation.asp
    Using Automation with Microsoft Excel 97

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170745
    XL97: How to Create PivotTable from Word

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=177760
    VBA: How to Run Macros in Other Office Programs <=====****

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=153748
    ACC: How to Call Excel Functions from Within Microsoft Access

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167223
    Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help File Available on MSL

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...