how to create and execute file

  1. #1
    Barmaley
    Guest

    how to create and execute file

    Can someone point me in right direction
    I want on Click of a button to open appropriate ticket in Remedy
    Only way, That I can think of right now, is to create a Remedy shortcut and
    then execute it.

    Shortcut is a simple text file with "ARTask" extention. Sample follows:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [Shortcut]
    Name = HPD:HelpDesk
    Type = 0
    Server = server.name
    Join = 0
    Ticket = HD0000000215806
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Is it possible to that. I think it is, but I don't know how

    Thanks a lot in advance

    AvP

  2. #2
    Douglas J. Steele
    Guest

    Re: how to create and execute file

    Creating the file won't be difficult. Since it's in the same format as an
    INI file, you can either use the WritePrivateProfileString API (Randy Birch
    has a good example at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/file/pprofilebasic.htm ) or
    you can simply use the VBA Print # statement.

    Assuming you've got such a file, can you run it simply by double-clicking on
    it? If so, then you should be able to invoke it using the ShellExecute API
    (see http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm for an example)

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Barmaley
    Guest

    Re: how to create and execute file

    Hi Douglas,

    By digging deeper into Internet found how to create file but execution was
    tough to find.

    You assumption was correct, I could launch it by doubleclicking, so your
    solution worked perfectly for me.

    BIG thank you

    AvP