grouping of cells in protected sheets

  1. #1
    Christian Galbavy
    Guest

    grouping of cells in protected sheets

    Hy!

    I have grouped four rows in my excel sheet. Then I protect the sheet. When I
    click on the "-"sign to hide the rows, I get the error message, that this is
    not possible in protected sheets. I have written a lot of code, which is
    based on protecting and unprotecting my sheets. I also need the grouping
    function. Does anybody knows, how I can handle this problem? Is there a
    possibilty to allow this function in protected sheets? Are there other
    possibilities for the grouping function?
    I thank you a lot for any help.

    Regards
    Christian Galbavy

  2. #2

    Re: grouping of cells in protected sheets

    If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
    (auto_open/workbook_open??).

    Option Explicit
    Sub auto_open()
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
    .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
    .EnableOutlining = True
    End With
    End Sub

    It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
    it after closing the workbook.)