Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

  1. #1
    Dave F.
    Guest

    Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Hi
    I'm using VBA

    At the moment to open windows explorer I'm using:

    Shell "c:\winNT\explorer /n,/e,"

    Is there a way to use CreateObject?

    Would that be a better way or is Shell as good as it gets?

    Thanks

    Dave F.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Dave,

    I would have thought that the window explorer does not support automation,
    so CreateObject is not an option.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    You can create aninstance of Internet Explorer as follows:

    set ie= CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

    It has te following methods :

    ExecWB, Navigate2, QueryStatusWB,ShowBrowserBar

    and the following properties:

    AddressBar,Offline, ReadyState,RegisterAsBrowser,RegisterAsDropTarget,
    Resizable,Silent,TheaterMode

    There are no events.

  4. #4
    Dave F.
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Thanks for replying

    What programs do support automation?
    Is it only those that have VBA built into them?

    or are there other ways to interact with them?

    Cheers
    Dave F.

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    The OP asked about windows explorer and you responded with information on
    Internet Explorer - were you suggesting Internet Explore as an
    alternative/replacement for windows explorer?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Dave F.
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Cheers

    Unfortunately I want to work with Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer.

    Dave F.

  7. #7
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    As an alternative, perhaps:

    ie.visible = true
    ie.Navigate2 "c:\"

  8. #8
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Alternatively, try:

    Sub aa()
    Set xx = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    xx.Exec "EXPLORER.EXE c:\ajay"
    Set xx = Nothing
    End Sub

  9. #9
    Dave F.
    Guest

    Re: Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

    Thanks for replying,

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same as (or v. similar to)
    doing:

    Shell "c:\winNT\explorer /n,/e, c:\ajay"

    Dave F.