I want to delete certain rows based on specific criteria

  1. #1
    Alaphas
    Guest

    I want to delete certain rows based on specific criteria

    I subtotaled a list of approx 19,000 values. I want to delete the previous
    values, and leave only the subtotal lines behind. I am sure there is a
    command line that allows us to do this, rather than cutting and pasting for
    an hour and a half.

  2. #2
    Alex A.
    Guest

    RE: I want to delete certain rows based on specific criteria

    Alaphas,
    You will need to distinguish the subtotal rows somehow, then create a FOR
    NEXT Loop in VBA that will go through the Rows starting at the top towards
    the bottom, looking for that distinguishing mark and deleting those rows that
    do not have it.

    Alex. A

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: I want to delete certain rows based on specific criteria

    If it is 19000 rows I am guessing you used Data -> Subtotals? If so then this
    is not too bad. Colapse the subtotals to show only the rows you want to see.
    Now you need to select only the visible cells to copy.

    F5 -> Special Cells -> Visible Cells Only

    Now Copy Ctrl + V

    go to a new sheet and paste special -> Values

    HTH
    Jim Thomlinson