Compatibility between excel 97, 2000, xp and multilangual user interface pack?!

  1. #1
    Olof Carlsson
    Guest

    Compatibility between excel 97, 2000, xp and multilangual user interface pack?!

    Hi!

    I have an excel-workbook that is created in excel -97 that has lots of
    macros in it.

    It executes its macros fine on the following system configurations:

    - Excel 97 English, Windows 2000 English, Regional Settings = any setting

    - Excel XP English, Windows XP English, Regional Settings = US English
    (every other regional setting results in an error messeage stating that
    there is a coding error).

    - Excel XP Swedish, Windows XP Swedish, Regional Settings = Swedish

    My customers system configuration is: Excel 2000 English, Windows 2000
    English, Regional Settings = Swedish
    and the macros refueses to execute no matter what regional settings I try.

    I have installed multilangual user interface pack as mentioned by an article
    I read but it just wont execute certain lines of code in the macros. Btw.
    all code is written in english.

    There is probably no coding errors since it runs fine in both excel 97 and
    excel xp and it compiles in excel 2000 as well without any errors.

    One VERY strange behaviour is that the lines of code that excel 2000 breaks
    on runs fine if you copy the code to the immediate window but it wont
    execute otherwise.

    What might be wrong with this workbook or system configuration?

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Compatibility between excel 97, 2000, xp and multilangual user interface pack?!

    Hi Olof,

    it would help to see an example of some failing code,
    or else mail me the workbook and I'll have a look.

    my senderaddress uses rot13, else add @ and . to email below

    --
    keepITcool