Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

  1. #1
    RAFAAJ2000
    Guest

    Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

    Hi,

    Any idea how I can programatically save to disc an embeeded Shape in a
    WorkSheet as a graphic bitmap file ?

    Regards.

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

    have you seen Stephen Bullen's Paste picture example?
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...stePicture.zip

    for a shape..
    use shape's CopyPicture to put it in the clipboard

    use pastepicture to retrieve the clipboard data into
    an ole IPICTURE

    use OLE Automation (stdole)'s SavePicure function
    to save the IPICTURE to disk.

    --
    keepITcool

  3. #3
    RAFAAJ2000
    Guest

    Re: Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

    Wow, that's relly cool

    Although I don't really understand the role of the IID_IDispatch UDT
    variable.

    'Create the interface GUID for the picture
    With IID_IDispatch
    .Data1 = &H7BF80980
    .Data2 = &HBF32
    .Data3 = &H101A
    .Data4(0) = &H8B
    .Data4(1) = &HBB
    .Data4(2) = &H0
    .Data4(3) = &HAA
    .Data4(4) = &H0
    .Data4(5) = &H30
    .Data4(6) = &HC
    .Data4(7) = &HAB
    End With

    Do the above Data Constantes remain always the same ?

    Also, is it possible to to create a Picture via code ( from scratch) without
    having to first convert an image from the ClipBoard ?

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

    it's an ID so what's surprising about it being a constant?

    --
    keepITcool