Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text

  1. #1
    bgreen
    Guest

    Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text

    My question is a twist to the previous question asked by user: jpratt. I
    wish to do the same with the incremental numbering, but I wish to add other
    text before the number. For instance, I have a list of 2,000 or more numbers
    I need to enter, but these numbers consist of a CF before the number itself.

    CF0001
    CF0002
    CF0429

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Yongjun CHEN
    Guest

    Re: Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text

    Using the following formula:
    ="CF" & TEXT(ROW(),"0000")
    Staring from row 1.

    Daniel CHEN