Workbook_Open event not firing

  1. #1

    Workbook_Open event not firing

    For some reason, the Workbook_Open event is not firing in one specific
    workbook. I created a blank workbook and added the event with a msgbox alert
    and it worked fine.

    Any ideas why this event wouldn't be firing?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Workbook_Open event not firing

    It isn't in the thisworkbook module?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Workbook_Open event not firing

    Nope, it's in the correct place.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Workbook_Open event not firing

    That is the correct place? Tom was suggesting why it didn't work.

    Bob Phillips

  5. #5

    Re: Workbook_Open event not firing

    Right, I was saying that that wasn't the problem b/c it was in the workbook
    module.

  6. #6

    Re: Workbook_Open event not firing

    It's somehow working now. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do have a theory.
    I'm guessing that piece of code, which temporarily turns off events, threw
    an exception and was stoped before it could re-enable events and the document
    was then saved and closed. If this was the case, I'm guessing it was fixed
    by successfully re-running that code and saving.