Essbase over-rides basic Functionality?

  1. #1

    Essbase over-rides basic Functionality?

    Hi -

    I have just had Essbase reporting software adding to my Excel but the new software seems to have over-rode some of the most basic excel functions.

    For example,

    A.
    If I highlight rows 5-50 and right click to delete then the right click button now unhighlights the cells. So if I want to delete I have to go up to menu. In short, I have no right click fucntionality.

    B.
    The only way I can enter the cusor into a cell is to go up to the top bar. I am not able to enter a cell at the cell without signaling an Essbase pop-up.

    Is there a way to shut this off while I'm try to do regular Excel work? Are there other basic short cuts I may be missing that could mitigate the situation.

    Any help apprecitated----------

  2. #2
    Mesquite Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    In the Essbase Options menu, got to "Global", the look at Mouse Options.

    There are click boxes for "Enable Secondary Button", and "Enable Double Clicking".

    If both are checked, you will lose your Excel functionality for both the right click and the double click.

    In my experience as an Excel Expert, and an Essbase add-in expert, I've found the best combo is to unclick the "Enable Secondary Button", but leave the "Enable Double Clicking".

    There is nothing in essbase that can be done with the right click, that's not easily done with the essbase menu. Therefore, I turn this off.

    However, as you get better with Essbase, you'll find that you use the double-click quite often, and will probably want to Leave this function selected.

    You can still edit cells by clicking in the formula bar, of hitting F2.

    JMO

  3. #3
    Woolfie
    Guest

    Re: Essbase over-rides basic Functionality?

    Thanks!!

    Really helped me out!!