Don't show sheet switches when running macro

  1. #1
    Ben
    Guest

    Don't show sheet switches when running macro

    Hi,
    Is there some code that will enable me to run a macro without excel
    switching between the various sheets that are used.
    Essentially I want to be able to click the button for the macro and the
    sheet to update without all the others being displayed as the macro runs.
    Thanks for any help
    Ben

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Don't show sheet switches when running macro

    Ben

    You can use Application.ScreenUpdating = False, setting it back to True at
    the end of the macro.

    You can also write your code in such a way that other sheets aren't
    activated, as described here
    http://www.*****-blog.com/archives/2...-and-activate/

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: Don't show sheet switches when running macro

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Your code
    Application.screenUpdating=true
    will do it

    Alok Joshi

  4. #4
    Ben
    Guest

    RE: Don't show sheet switches when running macro

    Solved this now!!
    I used "Application.ScreenUpdating = False"
    If anyones interested!!

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Don't show sheet switches when running macro

    A much better way is to do what **** advised!!!!! Rewrite you code so it
    doesn't do the selecting and activating!!!!!

    If your interested!!!!!!

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...