removing old data

  1. #1
    Robert Hargreaves
    Guest

    removing old data

    Hi

    I am trying to remove 10 rows from a sheet starting with row A4 down on
    every sheet to allow for headers.

    Replace them with dates in blank rows at the bottom of the sheet and follow
    patterns down of formulas, conditional formatting and dates as if you select
    the copy drag down to continue a pattern down the sheet with a mouse.

    eg. (remove 3 and add three to column A)
    Row 1
    Row 2
    Row 3
    01/01/05
    02/01/05
    03/01/05
    04/01/05
    05/01/05
    06/01/05

    would change to when the code is run to column A lookig like this -
    Row 1
    Row 2
    Row 3
    04/01/05
    05/01/05
    06/01/05
    07/01/05
    08/01/05
    09/01/05

    This would be a start but I dont know how to do this or the conditional
    formatting either can anyone help?

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: removing old data

    Robert: this should do it.

    Sub UpDate()
    ActiveSheet.Rows("4:6").Delete
    Range("A5:A6").AutoFill Destination:=Range("A5:A9")
    End Sub

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...