Buttons move when printing

  1. #1
    Brett
    Guest

    Buttons move when printing

    All-

    I've got a worksheet with three buttons on it. The code behind each
    button works, just great, but when I try to print (or print preview) the
    worksheet, one or more buttons shift to the left, sometimes appearing on
    the printout. i.e. the buttons are over columns I & J, and after
    printing, they're usually covering columns B & C.

    I've set the active print area, and set my margins to ensure that I'm
    printing only the text, and not the buttons.

    Any thoughts on why this would be happening?

    btw- I'm going to try moving them to the top, or right of the worksheet,
    but I'd still like to know why they move in the first place.

    Thanks!
    bds

  2. #2
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Buttons move when printing

    Brett,

    You can set the properties of the button to NOT print.
    This way it doesn't matter where the button is.

    --
    steveB

    Remove "AYN" from email to respond
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Brett

    STEVE BELL wrote:
    > Brett,
    >
    > You can set the properties of the button to NOT print.
    > This way it doesn't matter where the button is.

    Steve-

    Thanks, but I don't want the buttons moving and covering other data in
    the spreadsheet.

    bds

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Buttons move when printing

    http://support.microsoft.com/d*efaul...;EN-US;8389*10
    Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

    http://groups.google.co.uk/gro*ups?l...E6E6*09F%40net...

    but there was a discussion on this:

    DAVE PETERSON:

    There's a link on this URL:
    http://support.microsoft.com/d*efault.aspx?kbid=838910

    How to obtain the hotfix

    This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix
    Package
    May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article number
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004

    That points to this KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/k*b/829348/
    Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004

    That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a simple
    download.

    Jim Rech says it is fixed in a security update so the hotfix isn't needed:

    Jim Rech:
    I think it is, Dave, because it was included in the 10/12/2004 Security
    Update. MSKB 873366 describes how to get it. As I recall the fix isn't
    mentioned in the doc, it is there; I read it somewhere and proved to my
    satisfaction that it worked. I'd be interested to see if you can confirm
    this.

    see the discussion:

  5. #5

    Re: Buttons move when printing

    xl2002???

    Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

    But Jim Rech recently posted this:
    This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
    there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
    mention this fix, it's in there).

    But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work for her in all her
    workbooks.

  6. #6
    Brett

    Dave Peterson wrote:
    > xl2002???
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;838910
    > Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002
    >
    > But Jim Rech recently posted this:
    > This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
    > there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
    > mention this fix, it's in there).

    > But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work for her in all her
    > workbooks.

    <snip>

    Thanks to both you and Tom for this tip. I hadn't even thought of
    searching there. I'm brand new to VBA, and that one would have never
    crossed my mind.

    Thanks again!
    bds