Autocomplete question

  1. #1
    filo666
    Guest

    Autocomplete question

    Hi, I have a combobox in workbook A linked to Workbook B, Workbook B has 5000
    names so it's dificult to find the name using the combobox because of the
    combobox lenght, I want to be able to put some letters of the name so when
    those letters matches exactly with the name, appears in black the missing
    part of the name (like excells autofill but betwen workbooks).
    Any suggestions???

    Also:
    I'm from Mexico but I'll travel to LA on july and I want to take a VB course
    and/or certification, Do you know somewhere where I can take this course???

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Autocomplete question

    If the names in Workbook B are sorted, and it's the first few characters
    of a name that you enter, you might find the name by entering the
    characters into an inputbox when you double click on any cell in a
    specific sheet in Workbook A
    MATCH Worksheet Function in a macro as a substitute for hyperlinks,
    in a a name and address list. (#match)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#match
    --
    ---