Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

  1. #1
    Ramana
    Guest

    Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    Hi,
    In my user form, while navigating between option buttons, the focus is
    moving to the new option buttons but the new option is not getting selected
    unless I press space bar.
    Please see the attached excel file.

    Any clue?

    Advance Thanks,
    Ramana

  2. #2
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    RE: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    Hi,

    have you looked at the tab order? just a thought

  3. #3
    Ramana
    Guest

    Re: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    Tab order is correct.
    Tab order only controls the sequence of navigation. Here the navigation is
    working fine as the focus is chaning properly, but the option is set.

    Thanks,
    Ramana

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    Re: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    when you say its not getting selected you mean it's not getting 'pressed'
    unless you press the spacebar?

  5. #5
    drhalter
    Guest

    Re: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    You could try this:

    OptButton1_Enter()
    OptButton1 = True
    End Sub

    OptButton2_Enter()
    OptButton2 = True
    End Sub

    I have this code on one of my forms and it works fine. I do find it a
    little annoying that the option I want to set doesn't stay if I have to tab
    through all of the options. For example, if I start at OptButton1 and set it
    true, then tab through OptButton2, I always have to go back and reset
    OptButton1, then use the mouse or an accelerator key to avoid setting the
    focus on OptButton2 in order to avoid setting it to true.

    Good luck

    Dave

  6. #6
    Ramana
    Guest

    Re: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    You are right.
    After adding the code, we can not navigate using Tab.
    Its very annoying that option buttons that Microsoft uses in Office
    applications works correctly.

    Thanks,
    Ramana

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    drhalter
    Guest

    RE: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    Ramana,

    I just thought of this. If you look at Excel's Insert Cells... dialog box,
    you are forced to use arrow keys to navigate the option buttons. If you use
    tab, it goes to Ok, Cancel, then back to the one option button that is true,
    whichever that is. So I tried to emulate that. We'll use option buttons
    opt1, op2, opt3 on userform1

    Userform1_Initialize()
    opt1.tabstop = true
    opt2.tabstop = false
    opt3.tabstop = false
    End sub

    opt1_change()
    if opt1 = true then opt1.tabstop = true
    if opt1 = false then opt1.tabstop = false
    End sub

    opt1_enter()
    opt1 = true
    End Sub

    opt2_change()
    if opt2 = true then opt2.tabstop = true
    if opt2 = false then opt2.tabstop = false
    End sub

    opt2_enter()
    opt2 = true
    End Sub

    opt3_change()
    if opt3 = true then opt3.tabstop = true
    if opt3 = false then opt3.tabstop = false
    End sub

    opt3_enter()
    opt3 = true
    End Sub

    Use tab to enter the opt1, use the arrows to choose which opt you want, you
    can then safely use tab to leave.

    Dave

  8. #8
    Ramana
    Guest

    Re: Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your help. Your solution works fine.