UDF categorisation

  1. #1
    OE
    Guest

    UDF categorisation

    In previous versions of Excel, I could categorise UDFs using;

    Application.MacroOptions Macro:="myUDF", Category:=2

    (for Date & Time functions)

    but now I get an error :
    Method 'MacroOptions' of object '_Application' failed. [note the leading
    underscore].

    This is as used for quite sometime & appears in Help of Excel 2002 & XP. Any
    clues?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: UDF categorisation

    It worked okay for me, but I could force it if I made the function private.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    OE
    Guest

    Re: UDF categorisation

    Have tried making the function Private but to no avail. I wonder if it's a
    VBA reference?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: UDF categorisation

    Sorry, I meant that I can force the error if I make the function private,
    that is it works okay as a public function.

  5. #5
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: UDF categorisation

    the macro name needs to be found..
    no problems if the UDF is public, the module is public the workbook is
    active etc..

    if you cant guarantee that then..
    following will explicitly describe where the macro can be found.
    and will work regardless

    Although i wouldnt put my UDFs in an object module

    Sub foo()
    Application.MacroOptions Category:=3, _
    Macro:=ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Name & ".module1.myudf"
    Application.MacroOptions Category:=3, _
    Macro:=ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Name & ".sheet1.myudfsheet"

    keepITcool

  6. #6
    OE
    Guest

    Re: UDF categorisation

    Have found the cause; both the categorisation sub and the UDF were in
    Personal.xls which was hidden. Worked fine once unhide was invoked. Thanks to
    all for your responses.