Save as HTML

  1. #1

    Save as HTML

    Hello all! I’m running into some problems with a spreadsheet I’m making. I’m also fairly new to Excel, so I have no idea how to fix them. Now, the big goal right now is to get a spreadsheet I’ve made to save itself automatically as an HTML file whenever the worksheet is saved conventionally with ctrl+s or file->save, etc. I currently have the following code, the first in a module, the second in the ThisWorkbook file.

    Sub ExportAsHTML()

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
    "T:\...\System\EngineeringHealthGauges.htm" _
    , FileFormat:=xlHtml, ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.Run ("ExportAsHTML")
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    End Sub

    Now, whenever I save, excel crashes and the changes are lost. Anyone know how to fix my code or just get it to do what I want?

    Also, I’ve also been wanting to put text in charts that changes based on changes to some sort of source cell in the worksheet. That is, I’d like titles and other text boxes to change when some cell in the worksheet does. Also, can I hide rows and still have they data they actually contain be graphed? Or should I just cover them up with an enormous white-filled text box?
    Last edited by Danimagus; 06-06-2005 at 02:56 PM.

  2. #2
    quartz
    Guest

    RE: Save as HTML

    Try changing your second line

    From: Application.Run ("ExportAsHTML")
    To: Call ExportAsHTML

    HTH

  3. #3
    Danimagus
    Guest

    Re: Save as HTML

    Hm, it's still crashing. It's saving the html, though... That's
    certianly an improvement. I ran the ExportAsHTML macro, and it runs
    just fine without crashing. So, it must be something with the code from
    ThisWorkbook, right?

    --
    DanimagusPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access