Data Validation Numbers and Text

  1. #1
    DWW
    Guest

    Data Validation Numbers and Text

    I am looking for a way to validate cells so that they only accept
    numbers(decimal) <-- easy part and 3 text choices ("IS", "ND","MS") not
    so easy

    IS-insufficient sample, ND-non detected and MS-missing samples.

    any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation Numbers and Text

    One way:

    Allow: Custom
    Formula: =OR(ISNUMBER(H1),H1="ID",H1="ND",H1="MS")

  3. #3
    DWW
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation Numbers and Text

    Thanks so much, that is exactly what I needed, it works great.

    cheers